Thread: my new supra
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by more power...
it was quite helpful, im gna go to an area in qatar where there is a car shop like every few metres and look for these upgrades, should be easy enough to find and my friend who knows alot of thos ppl is gonna come with me. thanks
After you complete the BPU modifications, I'd strongly recommend that you get some roadrace track time with the vehicle pretty much as-is. A wider set of rims (11.5" wide on the rear, 10" wide on the front is an excellent combination), and some roadrace tires (eg Hoosiers or V710s) would be all you need. Please keep in mind that a fully upgraded Toyota Supra Turbo can be a very dangerous vehicle to drive. If you take the time to learn its behavior at every performance level, you have a MUCH better chance of keeping it off the walls when you do get to the max. I'd sincerely like to see you SAFE, and your Supra in one piece for the next many many years.

Of course, I'd be happy to provide you with specific additional modifications whenever you're ready to go to the next level. After the rims and tires, you'll want to put in an aftermarket fuel system and ecu. If it'll be a dedicated track car, then I'd strongly recommend a Motec ecu. If it'll be both street and track, then an AEM is probably a better choice. I offer a fuel system, as do a number of other online suppliers. After the fuel system and ecu, your Supra will be ready for a single turbo, which will get you that 680rwhp (on RACE FUEL, keep in mind) that you're looking for. You should also upgrade your coilovers and your sway bars at this time. A roll cage is a good idea too. You'll also need to do a number of cooling modifications on the car as well, similar to the ones on this site:
http://www.boostaholic.com/supra/cooling/index.html

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-08-2007 at 07:12 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote