Thread: Modding tips
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
AmundRe
Stock

AmundRe is on a distinguished road
Default Modding tips

I have a 1989 Toyota Supra with a 7M-GE engine in it. I want to turn it into a tuner, but seeing as how I dont make a whole lot of money, I want to know what is even doable before I go out and buy it. So basically, I am looking for advice from people who are experienced in tuning the Supra.

Here's my basic plan: I want to put a turbocharger on the engine, horsepower isn't really an issue right now so I just want what I can afford. I also want to pull out the stock seats and replace them with bucket racing seats with 4 point racing harnesses. I want to redo the interior from burgandy to jet black and red, with red LED's in the guages. I want to put an intercooler on the engine with the obligatory blowback valve and I want to get new injectors to hangle the increased necessity for fuel. I also want to put a high induction air intake on with several ECU upgrades in addition to a performance muffler. And maybe if possible, a twin turbo and nitrous tanks but I think that might be pushing it.

I want to know, what of this (if any) is possible on the engine that I have and how much would it run me (approximately). Also, I had someone suggest to me putting in a Nissan Skyline engine, is that a good idea, as in, would it be cheaper to get a higher performing engine than to modify the on I have?
AmundRe is offline   Reply With Quote