View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
legionlleh
Stock

legionlleh is on a distinguished road

i guess my worrys come from the 7 i had in high school has well fc turbos arent the most reliable also owning v8's generally u do rebuild.

since i got a compression tester may has well. also turn the crank a couple times(always have just figured id let u know i do test that has well). since ive heard time and time again these motors are good to 700+ hp in stock form ill just simply pull its valve cover off and check for cracked valve springs etc has well has the pan to check for bits of metal anything that may indicate a rebuild this seems to be much simpler than my orignal idea and cheaper.

the pan and valve cover gaskets are usually a good idea to replace anyway ive always ended up having to replace them on any car owned except the seven for obvious reasons.

i also doubt the 6k entire driveline deal but ive come across deals such has this time and time again. to bad i cant make a jdm 2jz legal in cali those are much cheaper
like i said though i havent worked on a engine with this amount of tolerances hence why im worried lol no one likes installing a motor that has a issue just to pull it out again id like to drop it in and not have to pull it right after(except during its trial test fits)

also would you use the seafoam product to clean the fuel system after inital start up? ive used it with success in both gastank and to restore compression but what is your take on it?
sorry i ask alot of questions but i like to prepare myself before i undertake swaps to be fully prepared and get the project completed faster and better than if i were to take guess work into it
thanks though good thing i didnt find one this week and start ripping off the heads to take to the machine shop and the block i probably would have found a expensive surprise has well has those turbos being like 3500 from toyota last i talked to someone

legionlleh is offline   Reply With Quote