View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
legionlleh
Stock

legionlleh is on a distinguished road
Default New here had some ?'s

hi all let me first say im not new to engines owned many cars and swapped a couple motors. isuzu trooper with a vortec 350 injected dodge 1/2 ton was inline six swapped to a magnum and a b16 crx(high school didnt like the dual injected auto haha)helped my brother with a N/a 20b 2nd gen 7
now i had a couple questions about the 2jz i know itll be alot to ask but i cant find these specs anywhere. first what is the overall length of the 2jz and with stock twin turbo aproximents are fine but i would like with accesorys included.
does anyone or could anyone post a smog cert with all the smog numbers to compare to the suv im swapping it into 96 and later would be better has its what im going to be sourcing for cali smog even better.
any known issues with the 2jz i have not heard about should anything i should avoid from toyota when putting together a decent rebuild kit. i know turbos will be rebuilt
and any good cali perfered wrecking yards carrying the mk4 that i may be able to source a donor car or front clip. usdm only though i dont want to try jdm less smog etc. cali bar is pretty strict.

btw i plan on putting it in my 95 4runner btw worlds worst built motor been in the family and has had a head gasket replaced every 40 thousand miles! and horribly underpowered why u may ask would i put a 2jz in a 4runner why not lol i plan to keep it for a very long time.the interior and exterior were redone no rust new suspension new rear end with limited slip.btw ive been waiting for the chance to swap a 2jz into something
legionlleh is offline   Reply With Quote