View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
Feel-IX
Stock

Feel-IX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
Why would an R32 be legal and not an R33? The R32 preceded the R33. If the R32 would be legal, then it would stand to reason that the R33 would be, too, don't you think, and no neither are legal. It will cost a substantial amount to have one imported and on top of that, Japanese safety standards are not on par with ours, so, get ready for some modificiations to make it street legal as far as safety is concerned. I was stationed in Japan for four years in the Navy, and i've seen plenty of wrecks there. Shredded beer cans is all i can say. I was involved in an accident while i was there, and was only going about 40-45 KPH. Which is about 25-30 MPH i believe. My car was totaled. Myself and the two other passengers i had with me were all right, but the car sure as hell wasn't.

ANY car is legal to be imported in Canada as long as it's 15 years old, because once it's 15 years old all the laws and restrictions are not "checked" anymore. So yes, there are about 100 skyline r32 in the province of Quebec, and more in the whole Canada. As of the R33, it will be legal for importation in 2008 (2008-1993 (the year it began to be maked) = 15 years). And no, no modifications need to be made in order for any imported car older th

an 15 years to be street legal in Canada! Canada rock
Feel-IX is offline   Reply With Quote