Thread: BHG, how much?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #2
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

More than your car is worth.

I have a complete break down of how much just the parts are in my sticky BHG post. I think it was around $700 not including the machine work. And that was with my 20% discount from toyota. A shop will probably charge anywhere from 10-15 hours of labor, maybe more if the exhaust manifold stud threads are stripped and they need to helicoil them. And they are not going to take their time and clean everything, they are going to do it as fast as they can since most techs get paid flat-rate. If you have even 1 ounce of love for your supra, take the insurance off your car and start the project yourself. It is probably one of the most satisfing experiences you can accomplish. Even more satisfing than an engine swap. Just make sure you invest in a very high quality torque wrench, I suggest a digital snap-on one, they are like $300 but worth every penny. And besides, even if you buy all the tools and parts you will still pay less than what a dealer or shop would charge, and you will know its done right and you will have those tools forever.

Or if you are scared, you can take it to a shop, just get ready to assume the position....
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote