View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Yes I agree with you. But think about this, ok the PCV hard pipe connects before the turbo compressor housing via a rubber hose on the accordian pipe. It then snakes up on top of the valve covers, where it connects to them where the baffles are inside. Then it goes to the throttle body. If the baffles were clogged, there would be no possible way for oil to get in that pcv hard pipe, even if your turbo seals were shot and slinging oil everywhere. The oil would be going to the lower intercooler pipe, down to the intercooler, or into the O2 housing where it would burn. Just stating facts here. I'm not trying to explain your problem, just explaining how the PCV routs. There are so many reasons you are burning oil, could be the rings, could be the turbo seals, could be the PCV baffles are not clogged and throwing excessive oil into the intake tract. I wouldn't rule out valve guides or valve seals either.

Just rip those cam covers off, come on it takes 10 minutes and then you will know for sure if that was your problem. But, it takes 10's if not 100's of thousands of miles to sludge up the PCV baffles. There is no possible way they would clog in 30K miles, not even if you never changed the oil in those 30K miles. Only way they would be clogged is if the guy you bought it from didn't clean them. And even then, chances are slim that they are completely clogged shut.

Last edited by IHateHacks; 04-10-2007 at 03:12 PM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote