Thread: IJZ or 2JZ swap
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Just because it looks sweet huh? How about this 7M?

Look sweet? Lol

It looks pretty much the same as the 1JZ except with 1 turbo.

If you got a USDM 7M-GTE it would be plug and play as long as the year matches the chassis of the car. With the 1JZ, the harness has to be extended to reach the dash harness. You'll also need a 1JZ bellhousing and an R154 transmission if you're only getting the engine itself, a 2jz power steering hose, etc... The 7M-GTE would be cheaper and has a little more aftermarket support.

By the way, what is an ignitor chip? I hope you're not talking about the chips on eBay that say you can get more power out of the car by installing it. But if you are talking about the ignitor, yes, you will need one of those so the car will run. And remember, when installing an engine and it doesnt start, check for air, fuel, and spark.

EDIT - I paid around $2300 for my 7M-GTE with the transmission, harness, ECU, HAC sensor, ignitor, stock intercooler pipes, 2.5" intercooler hardpipe kit, TiAL blow off valve, new accordian hose, new slave cylinder, new slave cylinder hard line, a boost gauge, an R154 driveshaft, R154 crossmember, and a stock intercooler. I installed it myself though, so I'm sure I saved myself a few thousand.