View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
Supraman24
Stock

Supraman24 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd420
how much do you want to sell the 7m engine for and what kind of modifications to the car did you have to do to turbo the non turbo engine and if you sell the engine are you selling it as a full complete engine with all the accesories i have a 91 non turbo supra and i want a new engine and i want to turbo it and need to know everything that it took to finish it
I'm going to keep the original 7MGE that I converted to turbo, but I had to do the turbo upgrade a few pieces at a time. First, I bought a Greddy TD06SH-20G turbo kit from performancecenter.com and had to do a few extras to the car to mke it work. I had to tap a hole in the side of the block for the oil return, tap a hole in the oil pan for the oil feed line, get a new custon exhaust ran from the mainfold back, and a few other minor things like changing the injectors to 440cc's and getting a new ignition coil and box. Second, I had to purchase a FMIC and get custom piping made, but that was before the intercooler and piping were offered as a total package on Ebay. Third, I had to get a fuel management system (I went with megasquirt) and had to get it dyno tuned to work with the new injectors and all the other minor upgrades. All in all it would have been better to just go ahead and go with a 7MGTE or a 1JZGTE swap in the 1st place b/c before I syarted all of that I rebuilt the 7MGE block and head with 7MGTE rods and pistons in the block and put 7MGTE valves and springs in the head. Hope you can use this info and if you decide to go with a 7MGTE swap just let me know and I can try to get you a 7MGTE computer and a wiring harness (not sure how much that will run just yet).
Supraman24 is offline   Reply With Quote