View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road

I should also mention that the car back fires when i let off the gas. And when i cold start. Which isnt cold since im in a 65 degree parking garage, she doesnt want to idle at first. I have to hold the throttle at about 5% for it to keep running. Other wise it will drop to about 400rpms and kinda sputter, sometimes the ecu will correct it and raise the R's for it sometimes it will just die. But after about 30 seconds of driving it idles fine. I believe this is because the pcv oil is sitting in my intake manifold and on my valves probably my head, pistons all that shit is prolly dirty.

My number one question to EVERYONE, if you have a keyboard and a mouse, i want ur guess, assumption, experience, hypothesis, ANYTHING to help me draw a conclusion.

What will cause a pcv to dump oil into my intake? The engine has 30k miles on it. Although i am burning oil out of the exhaust when i let off the gas. I also have a slight miss.

I find it extremely hard to believe its rings because the engine was just rebuilt.

OPINONS PLEASE.
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote