View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road
Default Valve stem seals?

Hi everyone. In relation to my pcv question. I mentioned earlier that my pcv is routing excesive amounts of oil into the intake system. I didnt know what was causing this issue, alot of people said rings. I am in denial about that since the engine was replaced about 30k miles ago. I know a simple leak down test will honor my answer but i run such a tight schedual im litterly typing this on my pda at work. NO TIME. At least till next weekend. So im looking for verbal guidence right now. I noticed one thing, when i replaced my exhaust manifold gasket and turbo gaskets i saw oil sitting in those little journals inbetween the exhaust ports on the head. Now do my exhaust valve guides poke throught there at all? Cause if my guides are shot then this would also cause alot of head pressure, enough to cause alot of oil in my pcv im assuming? And me burning oil? When the car runs for a while, if i pop my hood, the oil sitting in those journals will accually burn on the manifold and cause my engine to "look" like its smoking. I changed my oil last saturday, which is about less than a week, and im already seeing a difference in my oil pressure, meaning alot of the oil already burned through the engine. See now i dont know if the valve guides/stems seals where replaced when the engine was rebuilt. If not then that would make sense as to why there bad. Most likely 180k+ miles on the guides in that case. I know theres oil in my intercooler. And my engine running rough is most likely a cause to fouling out plugs and/or oil sitting in the intake manifold, and the head is prolly gummed up. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks, Tony.

edit*

I should also mention that when the oil was replaced 2 changes ago, my friend that put the oil in said he put a total of 6 maybe 7 quarts of oil in the car. GOOD GAME! Which explains why my oil driveshaft seal blew damn near off the car. Would that much oil mess up the rings? I know it would cause alot more blow by, but would it damage the rings? I know it would damage the valve guides. Thats why i think there the cause of issue. But im looking for YOUR insight. now mine.

Edit*

Last edited by Kuban; 03-24-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote