View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
alekjame22
Stock

alekjame22 is on a distinguished road
Angry Starting problems and acceleration problems!

Hey everyone my name is Alek. I own a 1989 Supra N/a non turbo and am having major problems so far.

For one thing my car is having acceleration problems like crazy, it won't get up to speed at all, I floor it and nothing happens. My transmission is shifting at really low speeds and it all just feels like crap. The person who sold me the car said that the exhaust has a stripped bolt but my thought are the cat is clogged or something?

I was going to get custom exhaust put on and a new cat and that's when stuff got really out of hand.

My car was getting slower and slower by the minute while driving it one mile to get my exhaust put on... I finally made it to his driveway which is a big hill might I add, I couldn't make it up the hill to save my life. I put the car in park and shut it off. I tried to start it up again and nothing happened. My clock didnt light up, my lights inside weren't working, everything was totally shot.

I'm not sure what it could be I have full battery life on the car and everything.

We tried jumping it, and even switching batteries but nothing worked.

Can anyone tell me what they think the problem might be? Both with acceleration, rough shifting, and also the starting troubles?

Thanks so much for any help
All stock modding soon

Last edited by alekjame22; 03-17-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Typo
alekjame22 is offline   Reply With Quote