View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
Xanatos
Stock

Xanatos is on a distinguished road
Cool Eww seepage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebang
thanks I will look into that.I put new plugs and wires got it all in ok and pet back together, I satrted up the card and let idle for about 15 mins now I noticed that there anti freeze seeping out of the top of the rad not a whole lot though...does this mean I have to replace the rad..could it be that it is rotted?
Hmm, could be initial signs of a BHG, but don't quote me on that. When I first picked up my Sup, I had the exact same problems. The radiator could possibly have micro fissures that are starting to weep which the will eventually flat out leak. I tried just about every trick in the book including fiberglassing to put off the inevitable cracking that did occur. Best bet, start saving up for a radiator. Have you check your oil for coolant and vice versa? Is your coolant overflow bottle emptying itself? The reason for the seepage could possibly be because of excessive pressure from exhaust gasses in your coolant system which is indicative of a BHG.

Previous poster is probably right about the reason for the presence of oil in your spark plug galley. Mine were covered in inches of oil and water. Makes me wonder how the thing even ran. You'll definately want to clean all of that crap out of there. Most likely your valve cover seals are shot or your valve cover screws are loose, or both. You can get valve cover seals pretty cheap at a NAPA or online. I'd suggest going to socket head screws over the existing phillips head ones. Reason being is you can torque them down a heck of a lot better, and they look a damn sight better than the existing ones. Just don't forget to use the neoprene/metal washers that come with the valve cover gaskets. They keep your screws from vibrating loose and also from gouging into the soft aluminum when you torque them down.

Good luck.
Xanatos is offline   Reply With Quote