View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #25
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsfootball0888
wut i was talking about is wut if i got a supra that was a non turbo and an AUTOMATIC, how hard wut it be to put a turbo in it and turn it into a manual?
Please read my previous post. I already answered that question, with these two links:
  1. http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/supr...oKitStage2.htm
  2. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/aut...wap/index.html
Here's a quote from the first link:
Quote:
This kit contains everything you need to convert your Non Turbo MKIV Supra ... into a turbo charged sleeper.
...and here's a quote from the 2nd link:
Quote:
This is a guide for Automatic to 6-speed transmission conversion for the 93-98 Supra...
I don't know how I can make it any simpler for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsfootball0888
...the reason im asking is that i was planning on spending sum money on the suspension/handeling anyways so why not get sumthing that cost a little less and that i cud spnd a little of time on? or is it not worth the money?
Again, na->t kit $5K + install (~$2k). Auto->manual swap $5k-$10k. That's $12k-$17k for those two changes. If you're lucky, you'll find an n/a mkiv auto in good shape for $15k. After the swaps you mentioned, you'll probably be up to $27k, which is more than enough to get an Mkiv TT in good shape (probably one with a 6spd too).

I still don't know why you want a manual tranny if you're going to be racing from a dead stop...auto is faster.

Also, some "suspension/handling" mods will make your car slower when racing from a dead stop. All the racing in f&f 1&2 was from a dead stop, right?

If you're serious about roadracing (i.e. the art of high speed turns), then plan to take some driving lessons at a local roadrace track. A good roadracer in a crappy/slow car will consistently & totally embarrass an amateur in a "fast" car when roadracing.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-30-2007 at 03:41 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote