View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsfootball0888
so u guys think tell me if im wrong. buy a supra tt, "bpu" it out (exhaust, downpipe, boost controler,ect.)...
Yep, all good so far, except you forgot the GReddy BCC to eliminate fuel cut when you raise your boost. I know you said "ect." (meaning 'etc.'?), but this device is critical.

Also, in my experience, the exhaust is optional at 'bpu' level. It might look cool, but it won't make you any noticeable amount of additional power until you're trying to push more than just bpu.

Quote:
...i looked under the "bpu" site and i was wondering if i got a supra tt should i replace the turbo...
Do you mean "replace the turboS"? Why do you think that you might want to replace them? Again, the stock twin (i.e. two) turbos are good to about 425rwhp or more (6spd) with high boost & race fuel. Of course, this is only true if the Mkiv Supra TT that you purchase is in good working condition.

Quote:
...oh and does the tt cum wit an intercooler...
Yes, the Mkiv Supra TT does already "cum wit" an oem (side-mount) intercooler.

Quote:
...shud i upgrade anything else, like in the cooling system. like the water pump, radiator,ect...
Nope all that is just fine oem - there's no need to upgrade these items if you're going to drag race & daily drive.

Quote:
...is a boost controler like a guage like a tach or is an actual cpu?...
A boost controller is a device that allows you to control your boost, by changing when your wastegate opens. Some boost controllers come with a boost gauge, or you can purchase a boost gauge separately.

You can even go with a mechanical boost controller that definitely does not have a gauge and it also does not have a cpu. It just controls your boost.

Also note that you can very cheaply raise your boost by simply clamping off one hose! Obviously this method of controlling your boost also doesn't have any gauge, nor does it have a cpu...it's just a ten cent hose clamp!

Quote:
...oh and suspension wise is there anything that needs to be upgraded beside lowering.
Why do you think you need to lower your Supra? The stock suspension works quite well for both drag racing and roadracing. In fact, many suspension changes are actually designed to improve roadracing/autocross performance only, and would make the car slower for drag racing.

If you really must to dump a ton of cash on your suspension for no reason whatsoever (since you're still talkin' 425rwhp+, right?), then you could purchase HKS' drag coilovers...

Don't forget to budget a good chunk of $ for simple maintenance on your car. Z-rated tires (costing $300+ each), timing belt change (if necessary), new coilpacks & harmonic dampener (depending on the mileage of the Supra you buy), synthetic oil changes, etc. all cost much more than any 'regular' car. Never forget that you'll be purchasing a $50K+ GT sportscar, and it costs much more to maintain than a corolla or a civic...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-29-2007 at 02:04 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote