View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticKnight
No offense taken at all. When I decided to sell, I told my wife I should just put it in a garage somewhere and forget about it. Unfortunately, I just didn't have anywhere to put it.

I even through around the idea of putting 2 or 3 thousand into it and fixing it up instead of buying a new car, but I just don't have the time for that.

Catch ya later, Bill
I had a similar dilemma. Moved to Big Bear in summer of 2000 and blew head gasket the day we moved. Rented house while building new house and left Supra outside for 2 years just sitting. It wasn't worth any money but I decided for about 5k I could resurrect it. Since I am original owner, had only 65k miles with NO problems until BHG, and I couldn't get anything nearly as nice for 5k (plus I now have a garage for it) I fixed BHG, all new rubber belts/hose, and quality paint...5k later it was like new. Now it's my hobby car/daily driver/semi-race car. I have put about another 3k so far into TEIN Flex coilovers and wheel/tires. Next will be more HP with intake and exhaust. Then who knows. I will try and resist doing any serious engine mods as to not ruin the car or go too far from it's original state. I use the track mainly as a 'test' track to try out suspension set-ups and refine my driving skills. The fun really comes in surprising newer cars who try and stay with me up or down the mountain.

Maybe someday you will have a garage and hopefully another Supra or similar 'Toy'.

Good luck and remember..."If you have NO FEAR...you're not going fast enough"

Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote