View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
SilvaT
Stock

SilvaT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Bhp=whp, right? If so, then the oem mkiv tt clutch can not reliably handle that much rwhp. Even 400rwhp is pushing it.

You mean like a single turbo?

Yeah soon i want to get a single turbo, but not just yet

I honestly can't say until I know your max rwhp goal.

i would say im looking to make it around 500 hp

Again, there's absolutely no way in the world to confirm this without knowing your planned max rwhp.

Why do you say that? The oem fuel pump, and in fact the entire oem fuel system is good to at least 500rwhp....and the oem twins can't push that much rwhp so why would you need a new fuel pump????

This is what i was told by the guy who was going to do my exhaust fitting etc.. i was a bit like errr why as well, as i didn't see why i needed to change the pump for just the exhaust!

Every multi-disk clutch, including the TRD twin, comes with it's own lightweight flywheel.

Unfortunately, no good, high-horsepower-holding aftermarket clutch will be cheap. ...and the higher the hp/tq rating, the more $ it will generally cost. For example the RPS twin carbon is about $2900 and the Tilton triple carbon is about $4500. It's easy to buy more clutch than you need, so the first thing you need to do is figure out exactly what rwhp figure you need the clutch to handle.
yeah i know everywhere is roughly charging the same price, so i guess you get what you pay for. I'll keep looking for one that will handle around 500hp, unless you know of any from your experience!

cheers
SilvaT is offline   Reply With Quote