View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
XtreeX
3" Exhaust

XtreeX is on a distinguished road
Default Loose shifter, missing coolant!

Sup guys. I did some searching and found a few threads on the topic but not a definitive answer or anything. Anyways, my first question is if the Supra 5-speeds shifters are all generally loose? I had a 97' 5-speed maxima and even my moms 5-Speed Jetta both shift alot 'easier.' An example of this is when im in a gear i can slightly move the stick from left to right, where as on any other stick I can't. Can this be tightened? I'm not that mechanically saavy yet and is this something i can do myself?

The second problem is that Im loosing coolant, and i dont know where its going. Its not being pushed out the overflow and I have no leaking what so ever. There is also no white puff of smoke when i start the car, oily dipstick or milky oil. I also do not overheat. The only mod that I've done to this car is shimming the wastegate a bit. But the car was losing coolant before that. It's at the local import repair shop and has been for a few days, he can't seem to find the problem. I think he's just been trying to replace stuff and see if it helps it. Any ideas?
XtreeX is offline   Reply With Quote