View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:37 AM   #22
burton51m
Lexus & 550's

burton51m is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudboy
Isphius - It was nice having that car in 1988. It was one of the fastest cars available at the time. It also was very tight, well appointed with all the cool features, very ahead of it's time. I did race a few people on the street and won. Raced a few in the mountains reaching speeds over 100 mph, I was scared after each race realizing what a stupid thing that was. DON'T push the limits on the street. I know that makes me sound like your father talking but think about it. On a track there is usually not much to hit, no cliffs to fly off, no on-coming traffic, and usually no idiot drivers. On the track you can REALLY push the limits and it's the most fun you'll ever have. The car was expensive for me at the time, close to 30k which in 1988 was probably like 50k 2006 dollars. For the money at that time it was the best car you could get. The vettes and camaro's back then pretty much sucked. Cheap rattle traps. US cars were still recovering from the late '70's piece of shit stage. I would love a new Z06 today but I have 2 kids I want to help through college first. (I still don't think very much of US cars except the new Vette)

thats cool....

i compare my 91 supra to my friends 91 firebird and notice all the technology is ahead of its time also. cd player, climate control, security alarm, mirror defogger, TEMS, power seats with lumbar control. and it looks ALOT newer....all the gauges and dash ...everything.

burton51m is offline   Reply With Quote