View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 03:23 AM   #18
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4me89
What I want to know is that.. if you make the car run richer by using that chip and making it think its getting more air than it is.. and it dumps in more fuel cause of it thinking its getting colder air. So then it puts that extra fuel in and some of it won't burn up. that means the car is now running rich. why wouldnt the oxygen sensor pick up on that and change the injectors to make it run at that ideal 14.7:1 ratio. If I'm correct that would make the chip completely obselete and would in fact do NOTHING. am i right??
if that chip makes the car run richer it does not automatically make the ecu think that there is more air, you're forgetting an important item which is at the beginning of your engine.... an "Air Flow Meter". That will tell the ecu exactly what air is entering the system, unless you have a boost leak which is of course not the afm's fault.

yes you are correct the 02 sensor would send it's readings to the ecu to which it analyses and corrects

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote