View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
dini_the_owl
Stock

dini_the_owl is on a distinguished road
Angry Help with Drive Axles on mk4 n/a to tt swap

Hi guys
im in the middle of swapping a n/a engine on the supra for a tt 2jzgte.
i have purchased a lsd from a tt supra snd i have noticed that the prop/drive shaft of the diff end is bigger on the tt than the n/a supra,is it my understanding that the flanges can be swapped from the n/a diff to the tt lsd to match up to the n/a drive shaft....?
my most important issue is the drive shaft couplings on the tt lsd are also bigger,as with the drive shafts bolts,makes sense really... what i wanna know is how to get around the problem of connecting the n/a driveshafts to the tt lsd.
if i purchase the rear tt driveshafts are the splines different on the diff end to the n/a,does anyone know how many splines on a tt driveshaft (diff end) and diameter in mm. so it would be possible to change the ends on the drive shafts to match the tt lsd coupling,therfore i will not have to replace the whole hub assembly,keeping the n/a driveshafts and n/a hub structure as is...?or are they different and i will need to replace the whole hub assembly aswell.If anyone has done this before or has any help please post a comment.
i would be most gratefull.
thanks andy
dini_the_owl is offline   Reply With Quote