View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 AM   #11
tonster
Stock

tonster is on a distinguished road

on the 82 supra the relay just provides power to the motors during their operation i think. if theyre the same, what controls the headlights actually being on is a thin metal plate on the motors themselves with sliding contacts. the metal plate is divided into annular rings and has notched areas so the contacts are touching plastic when its all the way up or down. these are actually the ground path for the motor power and the switch just provides the two different wires of the opposite contacts to ground so i dont think the relay could even reverse the commands. this notch is what controls the motor stopping point. also there is another metal section where its contact is only touching it in the up position, which gives power to the headlights by way of another contact on an inner part of the ring that is the ground. its a lil tricky to explain in words. if you take the motor out and take off the cover youll see or if you put the headlights up and took out the relay so they wouldnt go down and then turn on the lights, if you manually turned the motor down, the light would go off after a few degrees and then if you put it back up they would go back on. i spent a lot of time trying to figure out my headlight problem before i found that bule control box by the speedometer cable lol
tonster is offline   Reply With Quote