Thread: need ideas
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsupra
just curious, any idea what kind of hp gain you got with gutting the cat? and how much did your custom intake help?

btw, ill buy your magnaflow
I really have no way to judge HP gain other than seat of the pants. When I got the cat out and looked into it I noticed right off the cat was toast. It was severely melted on the first and second biscuit, and I would say was 30-40% restricted. It seemed to me that gutting it opened up the powerband a little, both on the low end and high end. I definately got better off the line throttle response.

The custom intake was a little more subtle because it was done in stages. I first put on the cone filter, and a couple days later removed and replaced the air chamber, and yet a couple more days later I added a cold air funnel system. Over all I would say it was good for maybe 3-5 HP gain, and alot better sound...not that I can hear it over this loud ass muffler. lol

And yes you can buy the muffler off me. I had two chrome tips put on it, and like I said it has less than 500 miles on it. its this one here: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=563
I'll take 60 bucks plus shipping if your serious.

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote