View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

Hmmm they sound pretty similar. I think the Supra turbo is rated more like 240 hp and 210 or so torque stock. The heads are what makes the difference between the two. The 4 valve Toyota is more efficient and can rev higher. The Z cars have always been great cars though and so many mods were and still are made for them.

I know that if I put a 200 lb passenger in my car, I can feel the difference in performance. The turbos seem to respond about the same and many stock bottom end Toyotas can reach 450 and still be reliable, after that well....... The mods are out there by putting stuff on it from upper end V-8 Lexus cars.

To me the stock suspension makes the car handle like a dump truck. Not that bad, but the sway bars are hollow and the car sits too high and needs better shocks and springs. The Supra drives like a grand touring car, quiet and smooth but trying to make it feel nimble will take much modification to the above mentioned items. The brakes are very good, but according to the comparisons on the non abs car and abs car, the cars stops in the same distance.

Leather interiors usually go bad and they almost all end up with seat covers. I think I personally like the veloure covered seats. I swapped my torn up leather for the other stuff and I felt more secure in the seat, it seemed like it didn't let you move around as much and felt more firm and they were the same age as my old leather seats, but not a rip in them!

The car looks pretty good, but for that price really try to look it over good before you buy it. If it has the tems system then the shocks are probably shot and need replacing, but you don't have to go back with tems shocks, unless you are rich of course, then I would go for a MK4, but I like my 87 turbo supra, better of course once I replace the head gasket!!!

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote