View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #13
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2NR

its close to the fan so cold ait is more likely to be sucked in by the filter, and it gets fanned when you drive, better performance with no cost, everybody likes that right?

theres more space in the spot where the old intake used to go , so more air inside the engine bay and more air to get sucked in by your intake.
Im really not trying to rain on your parade here but you should be aware of at least one thing...moving the air filter inboard of the radiator/fan like that will actually cause the intake to suck warm air...and as you probably know warm air is less dense than cold air. Therefore while in theory you might be getting more air flow you are actually getting less air density, thus less horsepower.

if you do a little research into intake set ups you will find that more people prefer the approach of getting cleaner colder air from outside the engine bay.

What I did for my setup is I used a conical filter that had an open top. I then fabricated some ducting that goes through the front (where the stock air cleaner originally got its air) and then using ducts from various cars (the most important one being the fresh air duct from an 89 ford F-250) I found in the junkyard, created a sort of a ram air scoop out front to catch more air at speed.

In summary, while your setup might look nice and all, dont expect it to noticably increase performance
theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote