View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 02:47 AM   #1
89supra323
Stock

89supra323 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Im real worried, PLEASE!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!

I have an 89 supra non turbo, which i dont know if you guys remember me but i posted a few threads about 3 months ago needing some info on BHG's which ended up being my problem, but anyways i decided to keep my car so i had my heads rebuilt and been using the car for about 1 or 2 months now, but lately i have been real worried !!!!! when i had my heads rebuilt i got most of my gaskets replace too. well first of all, about a week ago i was driving back home and i was getting to a crosswalk so i had to stop. after stopping i put it in 1st gear and gave it some gas but i felt the pedal do like a kick back or something and then noticed a cloud of smoke behind me. OMG!!! i was scared, and BHG was the first thing that came to my head so i threw it on neutral and rev'd it but no smoke showed. but before this happend i had recently done a tune up (Oil, Oil Filter, and Spark Plugs). so i kept driving it and no symptoms showed. but i noticed that at times, when im driving, my check engine light goes on but its only when im driving in the freeway so i disconnect the negative battery post and connect it back and it goes away. another thing that i noticed is that out of curiosity i checked my fuses in the kick panel and i noticed that i dont have the ECU-A and ECU-B (????i believe those are the names????) but then i wondered "how is my car running then", any info on what happends when you dont have these fuses? the other things that i have noticed are that my car would be really rev'd up all the time, about 1400-1500RPM's and i saw that one of the metal hardline pipes which i think has something to do with the vaccume system is sucking in air like crazy! and when i cover it my car idles lower. this line is part of the metal hardpipe lines that go bolted on below your intake manifold. there is no rubber hose loose or nuthing around there that would make me think it goes connected there. so i decided to cover that for now so my car would idle lower but i need to know where it goes to (its bolted on below the intake manifold, and its the one that is pointing towards the bottom) and i put another intake elbow cuz mine was torn already and when i started up it idles at about 900-1100RPM's but it feels like it idles up and down very little that you cant really notice it on your RPM gauge and makes like a popping noise once in a while. and since it wasnt idleing so high now i could actualy hear whats going on in the engine and i could hear some not so loud and not so low ticking or knockig. its something like tick, tick, tock constant but not at a fast paste. and today again after accelerating at the green light stupid smoke came out so i did the same and put it in neutral and rev'd it but nuthing came out. some people believe that my popping and smoking can be caused because the car is choking due to not enough air going thru. please help me out guys. thanxz!!! (oh yeah, i bearly bought my timing belt and my water pump do you guys think that this can be caused because one of these things is messed up? radiator is at level with no milky fluid and oil looks fine. and once when i took off my oil dipstick after turning off my car, some smoke came out of it.)
MORE INFO....O2 sensor connection is cut off, and i have been told that my first cat. conv. closest to headers doesnt work, plus my oil pressure gauge doesnt work but its wierd because at times it goes up when i turn on the car but just drops below the line a bit after.

Last edited by 89supra323; 05-08-2006 at 03:23 AM.
89supra323 is offline   Reply With Quote