View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #4
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

No problem.

You know, I just noticed now that you are in the UK.
As you may know, not all the Supras are the same internationally.
It could be possible that for certain years in the UK, the blocks did not come with oil squirters.
I think for certain years, the JDM blocks skipped the squirters...

Some people turbo N/A blocks and don't worry about the squirters (or lack of them).
One guy I met dyno'ed at over 700 HP and that was on an N/A block that was turbo'ed and he did not have oil squirters.
Some will say that they can be helpful, but most would say that they are not absolutely needed...(speaking of the veterans who have kicked around the idea, of course).

You can decide on your own how necessary they are.

If you need more pictures, I still have the red block with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton
...According to the V5 logbook (do you still call them 'pinks' over there?) ...
Pinks does not ring a bell to me....and I noticed that you do call many things differently than what I woudl call them. heheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by barton
...Assuming I am dealing with an N/A block, are there any other inadequacies (apart from the missing oil squirters) which will make it unsuited to turbo charging? ...
Well, if you have the oil feed line already there, I would assume that it is a turbo block. Now if it is indeed an N/A block, then you will have higher compression pistons, (but the same rods and crank).
Some do make use out of the higher compression pistons from an N/A in turbo set-ups.
Higher compression means quicker spooling as well as more power, but will detonate more under certain situations.
Take some pictures of you pistons, and I will tell you what you have.

_____|_____
/. . . \ . . . \ . .\
( ]/ . . . . \ . . . \ . .\[ )
____________________[||]______________[||]____________________

Last edited by TONY!; 05-04-2006 at 12:51 AM.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote