Thread: Good Karma
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Smile Good Karma

Some of you may remember that I posted here about a month ago that my car door was hit by a truck. I only asked the guy for $300 to reimburse me. I caught some flack from the readers who said I was being too nice but one guy, Dan, wrote "well I agree that if someone causes damage to you they owe you, however its nice to see someone so honest and reasonable. Its all about karma and you clearly have great karma. It'll come back to you in a good way. its nice to hear there are still some good people out there. Dan". Well, yesterday, the guy finally sent me the check (after 2 calls where I quoted scripture about Jesus saying "Let your 'YES' mean yes and your 'NO' mean no"). I go cash the check yesterday and on my way home some guy who lives up the block is blowing his horn at me and waving his arms like a friggin nut. I pull over and he asks if I want my door fixed. I said yeah, but how much? He says about $300! I ask if he knows what he's doing and he says he works at an auto-body shop but got sent home that day and opens his trunk and he has all his tools there. Anyway, I park in his driveway at 1 pm and at 3 pm I walk by with my dog. He's got the job done and it looks great. everything flush, door opens completely and closes nice and tight. So I guess Dan was right. It came back to me in a good way. Jesus once said "anyone can love their neighbor, even the tax-collectors do that, but I say unto you, love your enemy also". Well, I was down in the dumps, but now I got my baby lookin pretty good again. You were right Dan. Couldn't be happier. Thanks Y'all.

Scruffboy
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote