View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 06:38 AM   #1
Reeves
3" Exhaust

Reeves is on a distinguished road
Question 87 turbo questions!

Hey guys!

My car is finally working in good condition!! I have some questions on some mods i want. It's my daily driver so im not looking to do anything mind blowing.

First off what do you guys think of Cooleeze products? I already bought their turbo inlet pipe after my old accordian hose broke on me. I like it and it looks great, but what do I know. I am interested in buying a lot of their stuff, so I really need to know what im buying here.

If I were to buy all the stuff on the Cooleeze website + a BoV, what other upgrades would I need? And what products do these upgrades pertain to? Im pretty sure I would need a boost controller, and im not really worried about a turbo timer because I can sit in my car for a extra minute or two ..

I want to get a short shifter, and this is the only one I could find. Has anyone ever used it? Is it good quality or what? I wan't to know what im buying. I don't want it to break on me a year down the road. How easy/hard is it to install? I don't have much/any experience with this kind of stuff. It has full detailed instructions, so it cant be that hard eh? That package comes with everything I need?

What is the max psi I can get with a stock ct-26, without having to upgrade my head gasket? How do I go about getting this boost? Boost controller, right? Is that all I need or what? I am vaguely familiar with the different types of boost controllers, so what is a good long-term BC that I can get at a reasonable price?

What do you think about these coilovers? I believe they use the stock struts, which makes them very cheap. I was interested in them because they are cheap, and I hate how my supra sways like a boat =D. I really dont know anything about suspension at all, so Im not even sure this is what I need or want. I just want it to feel stiffer and be able to hug the road on high speed turns as much as possible. Are there any TEM-compatible upgrades I can get at a decent price (no more than $500)?

What should I get first, and why? Am I going to need a lexus AFM and injectors with the upgrades im talking about here?

I hope I didn't miss anything.. Ill let you know if I think of anything else. Thanks!!

Dan

Last edited by Reeves; 03-03-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote