View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 02:30 AM   #2
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site.

OK, your buddy bought it for $100, but what did you get it for? Could not help but wonder.

I am also wondering where you are located as well, if you are either to part it or will need to source parts for your own project.

About the Chevy motor...have you considered putting a 7M-GTE in there?
It is of course your car to do with as you please (or soon will be), but some do frown on exchanging parts from other manufactures--especially engines.
Do what you must though. Hope you can restore it and not find too many surprises along the way.

Btw, I am parting a car out. Parting a car out is more work than building one. All the time it takes to deal with people, packing things, time for taking pics, time for making threads, updating threads, time for answering all the questions you need the answers to, time for shipping parts, time to research what part will fit other years, time for disassembling the entire car; it all adds up!
Compare the time it takes to sell one item multiplied by every item you will sell, to the time it takes to just fix a car. In my experience, parting a car should be only for ones that have bad frames, a considerable amount of rust, or have been in a bad accident.

Hope it is OK for building/restoring
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote