View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafann
Guess i confused ya hehe......I know the car is red but i was just tryin to give you an idea oof how i want my supra to sit with wheels on it....but in stock body form (no widebody). Just using the picture as a reference because i like how the wheels lined up...
Again, how the wheels 'sit' is very much offset-dependent...and again, the exact offset of your rims is something you have to work out with your wheel manufacturer...they have to guarantee perfect fitment or you return the wheels (imo).

Quote:
...Ya i gotta decide whtehr to go 19's or 18's........i jsut think the supra would look wierd with 18's because its a big car.......but i dont wanna sacrafice performance etc
Actually when the Mkiv Supra came out in '93, it's 17" diamter rims were generally regarded as huge. If you dig up some of the original Mkiv Supra marketing materials, you'll see how the Mkiv Supra was designed to look from the factory. Although the recent automobile 'fashion trend' has everyone putting Dub-deuce SpiNNaZ on their El Dorados ... I would sincerely hope that 'fashion trend' wouldn't corrupt Mkiv Supra owners to think an 18" rim would look small/weird on their car.

Also note that most serious Mkiv Supras that are drag raced run 15" diameter rims on the rear! Although (fwiw) I wouldn't suggest 15's for a Supra that is roadraced, imo 18's in the rear and 19s in the front is the absolute max diameters I'd consider.
Quote:
...Some people are saying that taking the TRAC FUSE out will help with the auto. Making it fast etc

wat u think about that idea?
Although I run a 6spd, other auto Mkiv Supra owners I've spoken with tell me that pulling the trac fuse does make the oem auto tranny shift a bit more crisply, but they say it's a also a bit harder on the tranny too. In other words, you may gain a bit in the short term, but it may make your transmission break or wear out sooner than it would have if you'd have left the trac fuse in place.

I'd invite any auto-Mkiv Supra owners to post their experience with how the 'Trac Mod' affects shifting & longevity.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-23-2006 at 02:08 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote