View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Dude, what is your problem? If you want to help this individual out then that is great, but if you want to post because you want to be an a$$hole then go back to your other forums.

We would all apreciate it if you can act like a mature person while being on these forums. If you cant do this then you will probably not be here very long.

Now, I have helped several people on this forum with different things and they have also helped me.

This is a great community for a common love. And we are here to share information. If having a knowledge battle is all you are here for then you are in the wrong forum. No one likes a know-it-all and if you want to be claimed the know-it-all here then be my guess. I really dont have time to mess with children.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you post some useful information by looking up the correct compression test procedure, instead of posting something like "regular oil changes are good" and "I have no clue how to check compression"? Are you just trying to increase your post count on this forum or what? Just chill out ... forums aren't good places for people with egos so over-inflated and sensitive they can't take a friendly little jab (along with the valid content & response I made) in response to a WOB post.

I'd suggest we stay on topic on this thread. If you really feel a strong need to argue with me some more, I'd kindly suggest (with sincere respect to both the person that started the thread as well as the moderators) that you follow up with me via PM or email.

Here's some more info for suprafann, to (hopefully) help get this thread back on topic. If you do find any low cylinders during the compression test, it's best to follow up with a cylinder leakdown test (CLT) on those low cylinders.

Also, from the picture you posted, it looks like synthetic oil was not consistently used in that Supra. The 'coking' that you see can possibly lead to a number of problems, including oil starvation to the bearing(s) or turbo(s). In an ideal world, that engine should be disassembled and hot-tanked...but there are a few things you can do to partially flush it out without disassembly, if you do end up buying it. Please PM me for more info, or post after you have the results of your compression test.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-03-2006 at 08:33 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote