Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #23
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's also a book you CLEARLY have not read yourself. NO, a turbocharger does NOT mix any exhaust gas with the outside air. The hot side (turbine) and the cold side (compressor) are completely independent of each other except for a solid, oil-cooled&lubed shaft on bearings which connects the wheels on each side. 100% of the exhaust gas that enters the exhaust housing leaves through the exhaust pipe. You'll find that, and much more newbie info on turbocharging here:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo4.htm

Likewise, yes they are independant of each other however, it still mixes the gases together. Hx gases as you should know are much better combustibles than o2. Therefore engineers know this which is why a FI system is used to do this. Now granted the hot side doesnt thrust that exhaust gas back into the intake charge cause as we all know that would be fatal to the engine. However, with the help of the EGR and the turbo and a wbo2 the sane amount of mixed gases enter the intake. Why do you think when you install a turbo on any car your intake charge temp increases? If the 2 are completely dissasociated form each other then your intake temp should remain the same but this is not true. The increase in temp is generated form the mixed gases coming from your exhaust. Maybe you shoudl read your own link a little better.

Quote:
Whether you're talking about 328,000pds of thrust from four PW-100's,
Now lets do the math on this one more time because I fear that you have missed this lesson. Now a PW-100 generates 41,000pds of thrust. If you have 4 of them you multiply 4x41000=164,000pds of thrust not 328,000. I have no idea where you are getting that number. When it comes to this analyzation they are congruent to each other.

Quote:
I agree that you're stubborn. Imho you're also severely underinformed about turbocharging, which imho makes your conclusions about what's capable with a stock 2jz-gte and its oem twin turbos boarderline delusional.
Thats fair enough. However, I wouldn't go too far as to say I am delusional. Maybe optimistic is the key term here.

Quote:
If the world was filled with closed-minded know-it-alls like you, I'm not sure I would. Fortunately, most other folks actually appreciate it when an experienced resource shares facts and hard-earned knowledge.
It is apparent to me that you dont know how to have a mature formidable discussion without letting your temper tantrums come into play. Maybe when one grows up and establishes an intellectual normality to have a proper discussion we can have a meaningful diatribe. Until then, better luck next time.

Quote:
First of all, the oem 2jz-gte cams ARE already designed for boost. Secondly, the oem 2jz-gte valves and valve seats ARE already angle-cut. Lastly, whether you put 256, 264, 272 or 280 degree cams on the 2jz-gte head, you're still not going to get 650rwhp out of a stock 2jz-gte with stock twins alone, on any octane of regular or racing gasoline. Not in a million years.
Now what does this have to do with cam tuning? I mentioned nothing of angle cut valves other than I asked you in an earlier post what kind of machine did you use and you have yet to answer me. I beleive in my last post to this matter I was discussing cams. Was I not?

Quote:
I agree with you on this one point BUT you said that a specific goal was attainable with a VERY tight set of conditions. With those conditions (650rwhp, oem 2jz-gte, stock bottom end, stock twins, no nos, gasoline), you've painted yourself into a corner - it just can't be done.
Show me where I have placed any conditions on what I originally said? I beleive I said you COULD get 640whp out of the stock twins. Show me where I said word for word "you could do this or that with such and such?" I beleive if you look back in my earlier posts you will not find one thing where I said this can happen with any boundaries. Now I have put some comment on how this COULD be attainable but I never maped out any boundaries on what I said. I would appreciate it if you would admit you are wrong there too.

Quote:
Pig-headed=stubborn. It's a common definition...and if the shoe fits, wear it.
How old are you? 12? I would venture to say by your demeanor here you probably arent even old enough to drive a vehicle. Let alone own one; let alone own a supra.

Quote:
The Wright brothers weren't constrained in their problem to try to force propellors that were designed to be most efficient producing 20 pounds of thrust if they needed 40...being engineers, they'd have known that spinning that propellor twice as fast won't produce twice the thrust.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You simply amaze me. You mean to tell me that if a fan spins faster and faster you dont feel the wind more and more? Just like if a turbine wheel spins faster and faster it doesnt create more pressure? Your last sentence basically says everything about you. You have not a clue on the actualities on how a turbo works or the familiararities of pressure and its effects. You see the faster a turbine wheel, fan, and propeller spins the more pressure and/or thrust it creates. This is like newbie info for common life dude. Kinda like when someone invented the wheel.

Quote:
My posts are not intended as flames. They're intended to accurately and efficiently call out the misinformation you're attempting to spread. I encourage the scrutiny and involvement of the mods on this thread and any/all of my posts. I'd much rather be banned doing what I can to help the Supra community by calling out your misinformation ... than compromise my own integrity by pretending you didn't just lie about a Supra being able to make 650rwhp on stock twins and a stock block.
Well your fighting the wrong fight. One must chose his battles much more wisely. Furthermore, you can also point out misinformation in a much more integrity-like way. You only scrutinize yourself. IMHO, if one can have a meaningful mature discussion that one can make his point in a much more easier and deligent fashion.

Quote:
FINALLY a glimmer of the REAL truth comes out!

Again I have never said in my first posts about any cost boundaries. Find this and I will admit I was wrong.

Quote:
That's not what you said.
Of course its not because I havent said it yet. I am glad you can see the computer screen.

Quote:
You said a '97 mkiv Supra Turbo, using it's oem twin turbos and a stock 2jz-gte block, "can easily squeeze out 650rwhp".
Ok and your point is? I am glad you can repeat what I said.

Quote:
In the quote above, it appears that you've admitted that, for all you know for sure, you were completely wrong when you stated that rwhp figure. I sincerely hope this means that we can end our ""formidable discussion"" now.
You are the one who is completely wrong you said "you cant get 640whp out of the stock twins." Which in your later post you said you can. I stand by what I said. Just becasue you havent seen it doesnt mean it doesnt exist or that it cant be done. You agreed with me sounds like a concensus to me.

Quote:
Btw, upon further research, it turns out that SKILMATIC was misinformed about yet another item - the 2jz-gte's oem twins are CT12B turbos (not CT26s).
I was wandering when you were going to catch that. When you told me you owned a mk4 I didnt beleive you so then I wanted to talk some lingo. I wanted to test your knowledge of your own car you supposedly owned. Then you went on to claim you have built several bpu supras and etc etc. How come that a person who has supposedly built and modded several of these cars and then supposedly you own one yourself didnt catch that? I know the ct12's come with the 2jz, and the ct26's are on mr2's and the 7mg. Sounds liks someone just hit himself. hahahaa

SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote