Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #7
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Your post is not confusing in the least, but your earlier post clearly said 650whp. What you're saying now (640hp at the crank) is still too high, but it's quite a bit closer to reality. The absolute maximum recorded horsepower figure for a stock us-spec 2jz-gte (including stock cams) with stock 2jz-gte turbos, with an open exhaust, 20+psi and race fuel is very, very near to 500rwhp with a 6spd (regardless of fuel or engine management). Driveline loss through a manual tranny is generally accepted as 15%, which gives us about 588.25 hp at the crank.

If you think you can build an Mkiv Supra TT with a bone-stock 2jz-gte and stock twins that will produce 640hp at the crank (a full 544hp at the wheels) then do so and you will be in the record books. Until then, the theoretical maximum for two ct26's on a normally aspirated (NA) 2jz-ge is irrelevant to Evilfurby's original question. I might also remind you that the 2jz-ge (NA) has higher compression than the 2jz-gte...and that the head is different so the oem twins don't bolt up to the 2jz-ge head.

I hope that wasn't too confusing for you.
Well again I am not talking about a stock top end I am talking about just a stock bottom end(as I have repeatedly said stock block) with the stock turbos. And I meant to say 650rwhp. With a better grind cams, angle cut valves, and a P&P head you can easily squeeze out 650rwhp.

Btw, I have never heard anyone say "normally aspriated" before. I usually here it as called naturally aspirated.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote