Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 06:00 AM   #18
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Seriously dude, you said "Remember a turbo mixes exhaust gases into the ambient air form the intake charge. So oxygen isnt a problem...". If that was anything but a joke, you really do have NO idea how turbochargers work.

To properly, adequately, and fully explain how a turbo works would take a book. No one person can fully explain how it works in a page on a forum. Its a very vague explanation. Does not a turbo mix exhaust gases with outside air which happens to be about 25% oxygen? If you say no to that then you have NO idea how they work. Yes I may have missed a ton of info explaining how they work but so have you in all your posts. The info is insurmountable.

Quote:
Airflow is additive. Boost level is not. YOU need to get that straight.
Dont you need air to make boost(pressure)? So how can one thing that is essential be an additive and the other can not? Let me put this to you in laymans terms. You have a C17 which is equipped with 4 PW-100 pratt and whittney turbine engines. Now a turbine engine acts much like as a turbine used in a car. There are very many similarities and a few obvious differences. Now each PW-100 produces 41,000pds of thrust with a bypass ratio of 5.9:1 and overall pressure ratio of 30.8:1. So you mean to tell me that even though one turbine engine produces 41,000pds of thrust and you have 4 of them you only get 41,000pds of thrust total? Try telling that to my aerospace propulsion professor.

Heres another example. Take 2 fire hoses at the same pressure rate releasing the same fluid into a pool. Now just take one fire hose at the same pressure as the other 2 with the same fluid that is filling a separate but equal sized pool. Now tell me what pool will be filled with more water after the same time has passed? The answer is obvious. Now the water in the pool represents the air in the cylinders negated by pressure. It is because you have more than one hose(aka turbine) which adds to the pressure and the volume of water(aka air) that is entering the cylinders. One hose's pressure isnt the same as 2 equal hoses's pressure. Thats like saying My 2 supersoaker 1000's are the same as your 1 supersoaker 1000.

Quote:
Unfortunately, many Toyota techs know little or nothing about the Supra. It's such a rare car that dealers' mechanics know very little about them. After you've worked on 10,000 Camry's and 20,000 4-runners, who can remember the ins and outs of the one or two Mkiv Supras a year that they might work on?
I guess your right here. But with a tech that has been with toyota for 20yrs and with over 10yrs of the 2jz being in existance you would figure he woudl know something about it. But 20000camrys is a headache to even begin to think of.

Quote:
I've repeatedly proven my point and you keep trying to BS your way out of it. Back off and admit you're in over your head.
Again this is a whole point of a debate. You cant just say your point and then be like"ok now that ive said it bow down to me and back off." As much as you would like this to happen its not going to especially when you are wrong. hehe I know I am a stinker aint I? hahahaha

Quote:
Actually no. Fwiw, I'm just another guy that has studied up on the car that he owns, and tries to help fellow Supra owners.
Now see that was nice. Keep that up.

Quote:
It's simply an example of something you might do, in the extreme, if you were trying to get the 2jz-gte head to flow a bit more with the stock twins. If you want to eliminate that fromt he equation, then no problem. Go ahead. Use oem-sized valves. You still won't make 40psi or 640rwhp.
You can get the most power from cam tuning. If you can get a cam that is specifically designed for boost which means the longest duration possible thats where you can get the most airflow. Angle cut valves have their effect when the valve is shut. IMO it is a great mod to have. It has even been known to create a small but noticeable venturi effect within the chambers for better and easier combustion.

Quote:
NO IT CAN'T! Lots of very skilled people have tried and it won't push more than 500rwhp. If you're convinced, then buy a Supra and prove it! Until then, you're leading guys like Evilfurby down the garden path with misinformation to grandiose unrealistic expectations.
First off nothing is impossible when it comes to motors and power. If you have the money you can make a ford pinto do 9's in the quarter mile. Trust me I have seen it. Secondly, because of that I havent led anyone down any wrong path. Maybe for cost efficiency I have, but if it was up to me I would just upgrade to one big turbo application.

Quote:
Why are you being so pig-headed about that?
Hey did we just not have a talk about the flaming? If you want to carry on flaming people you will get nowhere with your discussions. Again please try to have a formidable discussion with me. Thank you

Quote:
I've done nothing other than provide hard data about why what you're saying is completely wrong. If you were even close to on-base I'd love to try to find some sort of middle ground where we could agree...but 640rwhp on oem 2jz-gte twins and an oem shortblock? ...give me a break.
Just because it hasnt been done before doesnt mean it cant be. Before the wright brothers invented the airplane people thought that flying was impossible. Boy where they wrong werent they? So just becasue you dont know of its existance doesnt mean it cant be done.

Quote:
Lol. Intentionally posting misinformation is a serious offense on most forums. If you don't have any idea how to answer a question, I'd advise you to stay off the thread.
IN most forums flaming isnt tolerated period. You have made quite a debut here as someone who flames. The mods and everyone else is watching you. I on the other hand have been here awhile. I have admitted when I was wrong and I have had plenty of great discussions and debates with people. If I was full of BS and grandeur rhetoric I would have been gone long ago.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote