View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:16 AM   #20
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboz
your arguement was that the V6/V8 was less inbalanced so its impossible to make big power out of them .. a V8 is less balanced then a V6..

also you do know there is a 700-800hp 5vz-fe out there.. if you go up google im sure you ll find it.. its 10-11 second tacoma.. it claims it has stock buttom end.. i have a 5vz-fe in the garage rite now.. i can assure you its not some pos V6.. its built up like a tank.. 13-15PSI on street gas can make 400-500hp.. reliabley.. my friend has 300whp tacoma.. no intercooler.. has been running it like that for 40,000KM.. the thing knocks everywhere.. i can hear it.. but it still has zero problems..

i gotta disagree with you on the v6 weighing more then a I6.. if you check

www.mr2oc.com

there is someone on the forum who did the 5vz-fe swap.. and i have one in the garage gonna put it in a mr2 this summer woot.. anyways it weighs only 40lbs more then a stock 3sgte.. a 1mzfe v6 weighs less then a 3sgte.. the 2jz weighs alot..
that is why the le mans supra used the 3sgte.. saved alot of weight..
i think thats one of the biggest downfall of the 2jz.. its heavy
Again look at the dynamics and the kenetics of the 2 different styles of motors. Physics in its own tels you that balancing a v motor is much more difficult than a inline. I said a v8 can make more power because of its displacement but just like a v6 it wil have troubles on the stock internals when exceeding over 500hp. If you dont beleive me go and ask any ford or GM dealership . The reason why the 2jz is so heavy is cause its a cast iron block. But most v6 and v8 are cast iron too. Also do you have a link for this le mans supra?