Thread: Stock Block
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
How is that so rediculous? Did you know the turbo used on the evo stock which is a 16g boosts 19psi and the hot side and the ar housing and turbine wheel are smaller than the ct26 ? So why would a smaller turbo be able to put out more power? Maybe you need to clue yourself in on facts instead of what you want to believe. Also I dont know how afluent you are on turbocharging and boosting but the more pressure and heat you get the better AS FAR AS THE HOT SIDE IS CONCERNED. Now as far as oxygen is concerned you should be getting plenty as a turbo is designed to suck it in. I dont quite follow you on this. Could you please explain better?...
Who is talking about the hot side? It's the compressor sides of the oem 2jz-gte turbos that are far out of their efficiency range at 40psi. The compressor wheel would be spinning so fast that friction with the air would produce more heat than dense airflow. In other words, beyond its efficiency point the turbo only heats the air - it doesn't force more oxygen into the cylinders.

Also be warned (again) that if you try to push 40psi from the stock twins they'll grenade. The shafts aren't thick enough to tolerate that much stress.
Quote:
Remember a turbo mixes exhaust gases into the ambient air form the intake charge. So oxygen isnt a problem...
Upon which restroom wall did you read that 'gem' of turbocharging technology? Do you even know what a turbocharger is? Based on your post, I seriously doubt it.
Quote:
...Huh? When did I say it was an additive? Pressure exists all around us...
You said the pressure from two turbos running in parallel is additive. 20psi+20psi=40psi ... additive. Get it? ...and as a reminder, in response I said no way in hell.
Quote:
...incase you didnt know hey are sequential turbos and in a sequential setup you add the psi on each turbo to determine the total psi. Ask any professional technician that. A matter of fact call toyota up right now and ask them. If they were boosting 40psi each that would mean the engine would have a total boost of 80psi...
Tell ya what sport...you call Toyota and you ask them. Or better yet, why don't you call up anyone that has ever built a bpu++++ Supra and ask them if 40psi can be produced by the stock twins.
Quote:
...One turbine spins on the lower rpms and when that boost tapers off the other turbo kicks in and finishes the job throughout the rpm band. Thus rendering the turbo setup to be added because they are in sequence of each other...
The sequential system on the Mkiv Supra works (roughly) as follows:
1) Exhaust gasses from all 6 cylinders spool up one of the two identically-sized turbos...it produces boost all by itself until about 3500rpms.
2) At about 3500 rpms, the exhaust gasses are transitioned to run through both of the identically sized turbos, and they both run simultaneously to produce the total boost and the total airflow through the charge-air system.
In other words, the two identically-sized turbochargers work together to produce the cfm's necessary (for example) for 20psi while the engine spins at (for example) 5500 rpms on a bpu++++ Mkiv Supra.
Quote:
...I never said over sized valves. I said angle cut valves. Please brush up on your knowledge of machine work...
I know EXACTLY what you said, since I have both a seven-angle job (cut on a Serdi machine) AND oversize valves on the 2jz-gte head that's in my Supra. YOU need to brush up on YOUR reading skills because I said no matter WHAT you do to the 2jz-gte head, you won't make 650rwhp using the oem twins alone.
Quote:
...Again I dont need luck when its been done before with pure mathematics. Thats all engines are. Engines were built on the concept of mathematics. And so is every turbo system or blower system out there. ...
Why is your math so far off then? 650rwhp with only the oem twins on a stock 2jz-gte has never been done, and it will never be done. Prove me wrong by either finding an example of someone that's already done it (not gonna happen), or buying your own Supra and making it happen, or stfu. Spreading your fantasy-land garbage 'information' about 650rwhp on stock twins is polluting this forum with nonsense.
Quote:
...If you seriously tell me a mere 20psi to a ct26 is impossible while a 16g turbo can produce a 19psi stock then you sir are the laughing stock. I tell you what when I find that article I would appreciate it if you would renounce all your mubo jumbo.
I didn't say 20psi is impossible. I said 40psi is impossible with a stock 2jz-gte's oem twins, and I said that that turbo pressure is NOT additive. Just because ONE turbo alone can make 19psi, doesn't mean that two of them together on that same engine can make 38psi. Again, learn to read.

You're also wrong because men that are much more skilled and knowledgeable than you (apparently) are have spent thousands of $ and years of time maxing out what they could achieve with the oem twins before they went to a single turbo to get the results they were looking for. Open your mind and learn something! I really don't give a rat's @ss if you want to live in ignorance, but for the sake of the others on this forum that are trying to learn something, don't try and BS your way out of this. It's not about an ego trip, it's about learning. Ask some questions and I'll give you honest, complete answers. Try to BS and pretend you know what you're talking about and things are only going to get worse for you.

Also, none of what I'm saying is "mumbo jumbo". I've owned an Mkiv Supra since 1994, and I've been deeply involved in the Supra community since 1998. I've built SEVERAL bpu++++ and apu Supras. Have you ever even ridden in one?

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-30-2005 at 06:54 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote