View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:10 AM   #8
Littlestan
Intake

Littlestan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kudos, Stickasupra1ggte!

Not sure what brand the OBX are, but I found a couple of them on eBay. They were going for $370 Canadian at the time, which is pretty damn cheap if you ask me. You should be able to grab 'em off there.

Yeah, that's the downfall of the twin turbo setup. Once you get up to about 5K RPM, it just stops pushing air. Which is why most people opt for the single turbo setup; takes a bit longer to spool up, but your top end is bottomless.

As much as I'd like to think we could blow away even a mildly modded 1JZ with our rare 1G engine, it's not gonna happen brotha'. Like I was saying, our stock internals are good for up to a MAX of about 400HP. The 1JZ internal are good for 700-800HP. STOCK. And it doesn't take much to overboost those single turbo driven bad boys beyond 400HP. As a matter of fact, that's pretty much Stage 1 HP rating for the 1JZ; mild mods done to it.

Of course, that's not to say we couldn't invest about a trillion dollars in getting our sweet little 1G's over even 500HP. I just don't have that kind of cash though... Take the 1JZ if you can get it mon. You'll thank me later.

Take care,

-=Littlestan=-

P.S. Go here for more pics of my baby; http://abbotsfordjapanauto.com/im1016.html
Littlestan is offline   Reply With Quote