View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

from supraforums

Quote:
Alrighty, I have brought a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo to MI, Whooo. But this is the story so far. OK the body is in perfect condition and same with the interior. It has never seen a winter before. But this is where it gets messy, OK He told me that He put in a bigger turbo from off his friends car because he got a new one and (was running on the stock head gasket). He said it was working fine for a little bit and then he blew the head gasket. So he went out and got a 1.5 MM HKS gasket and put it in there. And he said it won’t start now. He says that when he goes to fire it up. It starts up but back fires like CRAZY and he checked the timing and he said it was all TDC. So what I Am hoping is that because it starts up it will just be something minor. Like mix up of the firing order with the spark plug wires or he has it on the wrong cycle. We had the same problem with my brothers 240SX we dropped a new engine in it and tried to start it up and backfired like crazy and the timing was right and the sparkplugs but it was on the wrong cycle so we fixed that and it fired right up. So, what my question is. What do you guys think I should do to try to fix it. I am having some friends come over Either Fri, or Sat, to work on it. What I am planning on doing is running a compression test, sparkplug wiring order (I did it but I just looked at it quickly before I went inside) so I will need to make a more thorough check on that. And check the timing and see if it is on the right cycle.
Do you guys have anything else I should try….?

And I forgot to mention. I pulled the spark plug wire off of spark plug number 5 I think or 6 not sure. And I looked down and there was a pool of gas around the spark plug.. I could just barley see the top of the plug……..
heh thanks good to be back for a bit, my laptop broke so sent it for repair, been using a friends computer lol

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote