View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
yale
Intake

yale is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums!
Taking a quick stab at a few of your items:
- For that many gauges to not be working it sounds like a fuse or wiring harness issue. Cut wires would be a problem. There should be link in the forums for access to the TSRM PDF. That should help to identify your wiring.
- Speedometer needle jumping - there are a few other posts about that here. That could be just an indication that it needs lubrication. Not sure on a '89 but my '86.5 has two cables, connected underneath the passenger floorboard near the drive shaft. I have replaced the shorter cable twice in the two years I've had the car (first when I bought it and then later when it overheated next to the exhaust pipe). I have filled both cables with white lithium grease and haven't seen any further "bouncing needle".
- Reverse lights not working? Mine have a very sensitive switch so they work depending on where my shifter is - just a slight bump on the shifter will turn them on/off. Personally I don't care about them. If I need additional lighting for backing up I just tap the brakes and turn on those lights.
- Cold start wiring - see the TSRM.
yale is offline   Reply With Quote