View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
dsmutni1990
Stock

dsmutni1990 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Supra '89 with 5gte engine problems.

First i would like to introduce myself I'm new here, my name is Daniel I'm from Croatia.
I recently bought a Supra '89 but the previous owner swapped the engine from 7m GTE to 5mge. . Due to rarity of the car in my country and lack of information and experience I noticed it when it was late. (Didn't even taught that somebody would do something to a car like that).

I'm experiencing some problems, mostly with wiring of the car. Can't even find an electrician to take a look on the problem, cause nobody worked with a car like that. So I'm doomed to try to fix it by my self hope somebody from here can help me.

The problems are following:
* Temperature, rpm, gas and turbo gauge are not working (think it is a problem with wiring, I have some wires cutted under the glove box, and under the hood). And the speed gauge jump up and down if I drive under 50kmh.
* Reverse (Tail) lights are not working, probably the relay.
* Cold start injector is not connected, (due to some wires don't know what color they are)
* The engine doesn't accelerate right,I push the gas pedal the rpm goes up but the car won't accelerate. ( I have an gas installation inside and when on gas works OK but on gasoline the problem occurs)
* Antilock lamp is always on.
There are some more problems but that is not so serious as the above one.

I hope somebody can provide me some information or help me.
I googled some pages but the problem is the info are not similar to my problem, and posts are old.
I lack with experience in car wiring, but wiling to learn. Because its a great car and I would like to fix it.

Can provide with images if needed. Thank in forward.
dsmutni1990 is offline   Reply With Quote