View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
normalsalaryman
Stock

normalsalaryman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
you're right - a BCC is only needed with the oem 2jz-gte ecu. Still, my other BPU advice still applies - you need a downpipe (bypassing the catalytic converters), a boost gauge, and a boost controller long before you need to spend money on a big intercooler or a huge 4"+ aftermarket exhaust...

500rwhp is not really a cost-effective point for the 2jz-gte. you could do:

- 350rwhp on pump gas, using the oem twins
...(if you're very careful about controlling boost precisely)
- 425rwhp on race fuel or alcohol, using the oem twins

- 475rwhp on pump gas, using a moderate size single turbo, & fuel system
...(if you're very careful about controlling boost precisely)
- 650rwhp or so on race fuel or alcohol, using a moderate size single turbo & fuel system

for the 2jz-gte, those are your most cost effective points

oh, note that avgas is not the same as race fuel. avgas is aviation fuel, which is chemically engineered to run best at higher altitudes. it has the wrong % of long-chain hydrocarbons to effectively power a turbocharged car engine at ground level.
talking about Avgas been wondering if you know much about that stuff, most of the people backhome has been saying avgas has same number of octane as the vp, BUT i did try once it does no different in term of acceleration, but my engine temperature is raising rapidly..almost twice hotter than a vp fuel. and somehow my idle is higher than normal it does when im running on vp fuel...on an NA engine

i dont know if avgas act like that or if you ever try and experience different..
normalsalaryman is offline   Reply With Quote