View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalsalaryman View Post
no no, you get me wrong to think that i want the cheapest stuff...when i say $30k is something like cheapest sports car like toyota celica the one with 2zzengine.

jza80 pricing sits at $95k the whole complete car on auto tranny..

as for the a31 cefiro body to hold lets say 1000hp to be honest i wasnt sure if the body would handle that much power even i did reinforced trying to increase the body rigids steps. i guess we will know after the car is done.

and for the fuel originaly we only have 98 octane for the highest quality fuel, but i have the acces to get the race fuel like vp or avgas(thats what we called it) easy.

as in for amount of money would be blown to mods the car, i am familiar with that. as i do own 2 honda eg fully race built. so i know faster=more money.

what i've been posting about 2jz is that i get the impression from the forum that you can go pretty cheap with 2jz for certain amount of money, and i do aware if i want to go 700hp+ equal to big money involved.

and i've been wondering about how cheap you can go on the 2jz for lower that 500hp because i planned to daily the car. im talking about the longevity of the engine assuming i did all the thing right if i go the cheapest way.thats why i've been asking all the guru's or experienced guys such as your self on this forum phill. and im trying my best to get it right for the first time for the turbo engine.

lets say most of the advice is telling me to go expensive, i wouldnt mind that

anyway if i do have an aftermarket ECU will i still need BCC to run higher boost on oem TT without having a fuel cut? and if i do still need BCC on upgraded ECU what brand i should go with for the BCC since the only BCC brand that i know is greddy and its discontinued.

thx
Matt
you're right - a BCC is only needed with the oem 2jz-gte ecu. Still, my other BPU advice still applies - you need a downpipe (bypassing the catalytic converters), a boost gauge, and a boost controller long before you need to spend money on a big intercooler or a huge 4"+ aftermarket exhaust...

500rwhp is not really a cost-effective point for the 2jz-gte. you could do:

- 350rwhp on pump gas, using the oem twins
...(if you're very careful about controlling boost precisely)
- 425rwhp on race fuel or alcohol, using the oem twins

- 475rwhp on pump gas, using a moderate size single turbo, & fuel system
...(if you're very careful about controlling boost precisely)
- 650rwhp or so on race fuel or alcohol, using a moderate size single turbo & fuel system

for the 2jz-gte, those are your most cost effective points

oh, note that avgas is not the same as race fuel. avgas is aviation fuel, which is chemically engineered to run best at higher altitudes. it has the wrong % of long-chain hydrocarbons to effectively power a turbocharged car engine at ground level.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote