View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
normalsalaryman
Stock

normalsalaryman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Matt, I hope my posts were helpful - no need to apologize.

Bummer about the V160 procurement difficulties. Wish I could help with that somehow. I wonder if any junkyard dealers in Japan would be willing to export - perhaps with the commonality of the Mkiv Supra there, a V160/161 could be sold for a reasonable enough price...thereby lowering your overall costs (including taxes) enough to make it a practical proposition...

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not start with something like a Lexus IS300 or SC300? If those weren't sold in Indonesia, why not at least pick some sort of Toyota - even a Solara might have worked:
http://urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1353

Good luck with your project and please stay in touch.

Kind regards,
Phil
phil, your advice was a great boost of knowledge to me, such a simple thing yet gives great amount of extra rwhp.

well the last president was giving us a great deal (easier import rules and taxes) but unfortunately hes only sits as a president for 1years only and i dont know how that rules is no longer valid with this new president which already be a president for 9year.

the only cheapest option to build a RWD car is either corrola dx,a31cefiro,toyota crown <93 models (newer one is expensive and only a high official eg minister rides it),bmw 3or5 series and pretty much thats all the list of cheap RWD car in my country. prices tart from $1000 to max price is around $11-13k

thing like is250,soarer,mkiv supra and most of the sports car is way to pricey starts from $30k to a doesnt make sense pricing.

there is only 3 jza80(not sure about the code) and the 2004 S2000 goes for $60k. but most of the sports car average prices sits around $50k due to 200-250% of the car taxes which is a killing. that taxing percentage also for 2nd hand imported engine and tranny too.

and the rest cheap RWD car that commonly available is either SUV or a Van and some of them is a wagon..

thats why i was going with a31cefiro. and ya i will keep my project updated once i got back home...
normalsalaryman is offline   Reply With Quote