View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, yeah... been there done that. No one said it couldn't be done. In fact I said I BUILT AND OWNED ONE. I did it right after the first build (only running about 6 psi) resulted in a couple shattered pistons. Rebuilt from the bottom up to GTE specs (save the single knock sensor and no oil squirters), GTE pistons and oil pump, fuel, timing and boost controller and ran 15psi just fine... but it was always temperamental. The N/A TCCS just wasn't mapped anywhere near acceptably for a forced induction setup and piggyback add-ons add some other complications. It's very widely accepted that N/A-T setups are just not good investments if their is a turbo model already available. That's what everyone was getting at and it's the truth. I felt like seeing how far I could go with it and on two builds I found that I could have gotten a LOT more from my money by just going with a swap. No one said the OP was an idiot just that there were much better ways to go about it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->