View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Ignition coil, VAFM and distributor are where I'd start. The VAFM is a possibility as well but when that goes south to the point of complete failure it usually happen when the engine bay gets hot and then works again once it cools (not applicable to the 7M-GTE's KVAFM). What does the smoke smell like? Refer to the thread in the MKIII FAQ section about error/diagnostic codes, check for codes and post back if any are present.

You can test the fuel pump by inserting a wire jumper across the FP and B+ terminals in the diagnostic box and turning the ignition to "ON"... just see if you can hear the sound of the pump or the sound of fuel moving through the fuel rail. Usually when a fuel pump goes it's totally shot, worth taking a look but there are other components I'd look at first if it were me.

(see the on-vehicle inspection portion for the 7M-GE in particular)
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/Librar....aspx?S=IG&P=1
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote