View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #48
TOMDYE
Stock

TOMDYE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochowdero View Post
Cre said it.

i personally havent really set a budget aside. just for the fact itll be a slow process until i can start getting deep into the build. being busy all the time and limited funds as of right now i cant do much but maintain my engine now and get it up to par and maybe mods here and there that are transferable to the 7mgte.
as soon as i know what i want to do with the 7mgte and get a parts lists going of what needs to be done and need for the build i will work a budget and hope that the supra doesnt force me to go over what i want.

to answer your question, a 2jzgte swap with minor mods pushing around 500hp? is about what? $2000-$3000+ ..since im going with the 7mgte, with less then 450hp, id say around half of what i would spend for the 2j.
ochowdero:

I am going through a similiar decision-making process as you are with regards to my '89 turbo-charged 7MGTE. My current motor has a BHG and smoe oil burn. I have not opened up the motor, so I am not sure if the latter is due to rings or valve-guide seals. The mortor has 126K miles, and I do not drive it hard, in fact I only drive about 5,000 mi per year since 2007. So rings should nt be the issue.

I decided to swap out this motor for a JDM - 7MGTE. I will have my old block for reasonable price, if you are interested. Let me know.
TOMDYE is offline   Reply With Quote