View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #47
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA70-3.0GT View Post
yeah I can imagine those 1.6liter bad boys would make low-end/idle non existent & require a donkey engine for hot starts haha...

I'm not sure exactly how much of the 550cc injectors you'd "use" to reach 400whp but I was getting occasional fuel cut at 11-12psi on the stock 440's so you'd certainly need to upgrade. As to whether 550 would be more than enough or just enough I don't really know but cre will
Thanks for the vote of confidence.... IRL, I'm actually a complete idiot.

Yes, you can get 400RWHP out of 550's. I think the following should get you there... You'd skip the Lex AFM. You'll need a good fuel controller and possibly an FCD. You do not have to eliminate fuel cut entirely with most FCDs. I don't usually recommend them as if you screw up you could melt a hole through a piston or burn valves when you really push it. 550's are enough though, you're not really asking a whole lot more than you can get out of the 550/Lex combo under ideal conditions (which is as much as 350 and in a couple rare cases a tiny bit over). An adjustable fuel pressure regulator, upgraded CT-26 and better intercooler would REALLY help.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote