View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
cubanman222
Stock

cubanman222 is on a distinguished road
Default Input Please what should I do with this supra?

Hi guys my name is Jeremy and i am new to this forum any and all help would be gladly appreciated.ok so for at least six years I have had this supra sitting in my yard and i'm just wondering if you guys think its worth it to fix or should i just part it out. it is and 87 7mgte 5 speed targa top supra. the reason it has sat for so long because it is my uncles car and from what he told me is that it was running but he took the crankshaft pulley off for some reason and then put it back on but forgot to tighten it down so it ended up breaking the crankshaft at the end. because of his financial status he never got to fix it and refused to give/sell it to me years ago when it was in better condition. the body is in good condition needs paint job and targa seals replaced. it is leaking water into car. if i did fix it i prob would just take out all interior and put a racing seat in it. the dash is cracked pretty bad from years of sitting in the sun. the car doesnt seem to have any rust on it that i can see. i live in FL if that means anything. it just looks like all rubber lines and seals going bad in engine bay and was told it would probably cost more than its worth to get car running. uncle said he had stock turbo rebuilt once before and they modified it to make it "better" spool faster i guess and bored out the hole or something. not sure. he also said he has had the top end rebuilt before and they bored the the engine and installed bigger pistons. not sure of the size. but im just wondering what you guys think i should do with it. new to the supra world but i do have a z32 that i work on and will eventually performing a tt swap on so im not completely inexperienced and am very willing to learn more about supras if it is worth it to fix up and get it running. so my question is, do you guys think i should keep and work on this car? and if so what, for starters, do you think i need to get this car in running condition ( besides crankshaft lol)?
cubanman222 is offline   Reply With Quote