View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #31
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
I'd assume you didn't notice any cracks in the #6 piston's ring lands (this is common when compression is low). A bent valve is unlikely, unless your previous config was interference? A bent valve on the top side almost never happens with the OHC+bucket config. A leak tester is an excellent next step. Good luck with it, and please keep us informed. If I were to just guess (which I don't like doing), consider replacing your #6 piston (i.e. not the head).
Okay. Results of leak down.... I have only done cylinder 5 and 6 for the time being due to the cross over intake mani. And it was gettin late.

#5= an average of 25% leak. No leaking out of valves with small blowby past rings.
#6=an average of 85% leak! Blowing pressure out of intake and exhaust with very very little blowing by piston.

The ge is still Non interference motor but I'm assuming the added pressure from boost and high compression. May have tweaked them. It's not a massive bend cause it looked flush. I had done quite a bit of research before my tear down just tryin to find troubled areas on the GE. And like you said the cracks in the piston ring glands is a common problem. So I inspected the piston thoroughly and it besides the slight carbon (more then I expected at only 70k) the piston looked flawless as did the rings I pulled and measured within limits per factory manual. Although I replaced them anyways. The GE pistons are coated just as the GTE so I stayed away from the wire brushes.

I forgot to add that I found Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the factory service repair manuals on eBay for an insane deal of $45 shipped. Some were sellin for over 100+ These manuals are great. They cover everything you could think of and then ten times more! Thanks for the advice to pick those up!

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote